Re: Please drop anacron from task-desktop

On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 10:22:12AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> writes:
>
> > anacron/cron don't have a built-in way to skip particular cron jobs
> > other than open-coding it in the cron job itself.
>
> Maybe we should just fix this?  cron is effectively maintained by the
> distributions anyway; there hasn't been an official upstream release in
> more than twenty years.  This seems like a reasonable feature to add.

Sounds like over-engineering to me.

if [ -d /run/systemd/system ]; then
    exit 0
fi

Any alternative would be at least one line, and it's not like there
should be changes to the condition in the forseeable future.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed