Re: Re: Please drop anacron from task-desktop

Simon McVittie wrote:

In a more opinionated distribution the solution would have been "require
systemd, rely on systemd timers, delete cron jobs, move on", but Debian
still supports non-systemd init as a non-default installation, and
anacron/cron don't have a built-in way to skip particular cron jobs other
than open-coding it in the cron job itself.
In the long run that's maybe something we want though. I've opened a bug (#922862) against lintian to emit an (experimental) tag for packages that are providing a cronjob but not a .timer to keep track of this.

An other option might be to use systemd-cron but that's too late now for the upcoming release.