Re: Tell me about your salsa experience

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 07:05:34PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Thats where you come in, please tell me how tools like salsa, alioth,
> git, tracker and so on changed to way you work. I want to know everything,
> the good, the bad and so on.

I started to use Alioth since 2014 and I was a git user from the
beginning. At that time every new git repo has to be manually created,
and to remove a git repo one has to use the dangerous command `rm -rf`.
Even worse, different teams have different directory layouts, such that
Debian Science team wrote a shell script for creating new git repos on
Alioth. I'm a post-90s and that feels like sort of stoneage workflow,
literally. Salsa just makes my life easier.

Tracker is definitely the first service that I'd access if I wanted to
see the overview of some package. And I always recommend software
upstream to get package overview via tracker.d.o . However I don't know
how tracker changed my way to work because I don't remember what I've
done when tracker was not available.