Fonts hinting to upstream suggestion

Hello,

I have been trying to have good looking fonts in Debian. What I found
it seems that Firefox ignores dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config.

It is not case for Chromium. After playing with native/autohinting
configuration it seems that it is difficult to have all apps looking
good, because some things can use TrueType fonts which looks good with
autohinting and others with native. You can switch gnome fonts
depending on your setting, but you do not know if web page uses
TrueType or font which looks good with native

So the idea. Why not detect if it is TrueType font or native font and
use appropriate hinting method for given font.

Cheers,
   Marek Mosiewicz
   http://marekmosiewicz.pl