Re: Handling of entropy during boot

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 20:49 +0000, Andy Simpkins wrote:
[...]
> Should we add to or change the possible entropy sources?
[...]

Yes, we should (by default) enable use of available hardware RNGs to
produce entropy and if none is available then we should (by default)
install one of the various software entropy gathering daemons.

We should also document this so that users that distrust certain
entropy sources will know how to disable them.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Klipstein's 4th Law of Prototyping and Production: