Re: Handling of entropy during boot

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:13 PM Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 09:58:22AM +0100, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> There have been a number of bug reports and blog posts about this, despite
> buster not being release yet. So it's not that uncommon.

Pointers, please?  Let's see them and investigate.

There's lots of chatter in the systemd github isses, too.

I've been bitten by both ssh taking forever and puppet timing out on VMs. I'll need to investigate about virtio-rng.

I've got an embedded x86-64 system where lightdm starts quickly when I am plugged into an ethernet connection, but takes about 8 minutes when the ethernet is disconnected. I am very suspicious of the low entropy in this case, too.

-m