Re: Remainings of old versions of packages in UDD / tracker

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 01:25:48PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I was seeking for remaining references to anonscm in packages in UDD.
> I've found the following strange hit:
>
> udd=> select  source, version, maintainer, vcs_browser, release from sources where source = 'r-bioc-deseq2' and release = 'sid' ;
>     source     |    version    |                                maintainer                                |                         vcs_browser                          | release
> ---------------+---------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+---------
>  r-bioc-deseq2 | 1.16.1-1      | Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org> | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/r-bioc-deseq2.git | sid
>  r-bioc-deseq2 | 1.22.2+dfsg-1 | Debian R Packages Maintainers <r-pkg-team@alioth-lists.debian.net>       | https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-bioc-deseq2            | sid
> (2 Zeilen)
>

> which means the source package r-bioc-deseq2 exists twice in sid.  There
> is also an entry in tracker[1] mentioning version 1.16.1-1 which should
> have gone since a long time.  The situation is similar for:

[…]

> Any idea why old versions of these packages might remain in UDD (and
> thus probably in tracker since it is reading UDD)?

cruft versions, usually hold up due to outdated binaries.

In this case of r-bioc-deseq2, the reason is outdated binaries in
kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386.

using rmadison is a very quick way to notice this, as you will see the
discrepancy in the architecture list.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo