Re: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS vs DEB_BUILD_PROFILES: What is right and what is wrong?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 02:55:30AM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > > A) lintian by mixing up build tags and build profiles? (Maybe this
> > >    mentioning of build profiles was overseen when fixing #889746.)
> >
> > I assume this to be the case.
>
> Would be happy to hear, if Mattia sees this the same way.

Yes, it's an oversight.  ISTR you have commit rights for lintian, I
think you should just commit an s/profile/option/ in that description.

> > > If I want to build something with the build-profile nocheck, do I
> > > really have to set DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS myself separately to "nocheck" in
> > > addition to "-Pnocheck"? That sounds very counterintuitive to me…
> >
> > I fear you currently have to manually set DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck in addition
> > to -Pnocheck. The reason is, that currently no tool sets
> > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck if the nocheck build profile is active. This could be
> > changed in the future but I know of no such efforts right now.
>
> Ok, this is really not what I expected to be the case, especially
> after #889746.

The reason for referring to _OPTIONS is that that's the one defined by
policy, and what everybody has been accustomed for many years.

But josch explained quite a few things already… :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :