NEW processing time (Was: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dballe)

On 12/29/19 3:53 PM, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 09:52:44AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
>> some time ago I uploaded a new version of dballe, which went through NEW
>> because of a change in binary package names (SONAME bump, IIRC). It took
>> two weeks to go through NEW and I turned my energy towards other things
>> since then.
>
> Wow, two weeks?  I uploaded a new version of f2fs-tools back in July,
> with the same issue (SONAME bump), and it's still not gotten through
> NEW.
>
> I had assumed everyone was waiting 5-6+ months to get through NEW....

It seems to differ depending on the package. Every month the qgis
package has to go through NEW due to SONAME bumps as well, and this is
usually processed within a week or two. Possibly because the changes
since the last time it was in NEW is limited.

In March netcdf will be in NEW for a year, a number of subsequent
upstream releases have accumulated there. I suspect this may be another
case where the package got stuck an needs an intervention to get it
acceptable again.

Asking for explicit review of a package via email or IRC tends to work
reasonably well.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--