Re: watch files and .gitattributes export-ignore

Hello Jean-Michel,

On Thu 12 Dec 2019 at 09:48AM +01, Jean-Michel Vourgère wrote:

> Upstream of phppgadmin has nice unit tests in its github.com repository, but
> they use a .gitattributes file [1] to strip these tests files from the
> distributed tar files: All the unit tests are missing from the orig.tar.
>
> I wonder how to proceed:
>
> I don't think there is an option in github.com to ignore the "export-ignore"
> in .gitattributes, that would have been perfect in my case.

If you use `git deborig` (in devscripts) to generate the orig.tar then
the export-ignore will be overridden automatically for you.

Just type `git deborig` after creating a new changelog entry with the
new upstream version number.

--
Sean Whitton