Re: difficulty in understanding options in init-system-GR

Hello,

On Sat 07 Dec 2019 at 07:44AM +00, Mo Zhou wrote:

> I went through the options in the init-system-GR[1] but I feel difficult
> to tell the subtle differences between the options. I'd like to ask for
> some hints here.
>
> Option F is distince from the others as it clearly emphasizes "deeper
> systemd integration". Option E puts equal weights to both systemd and
> non-systemd solutions. So let's skip the two.
>
> The rest options, i.e. B A D H G, look nearly the same to me:
>   "first tier support for systemd, second tier for others"
> The only difference I noted is the bug severity for non-systemd support.
>
> In which way(s) are options (B, A, D, H, G) different from each other?
> A couple of keywords should be helpful enough to differentiate them.

Sam posted a voting guide on his blog.[1]

Ian posted a blog post defending options D+H.[2]

Ian is also working on a voting guide of his own atm but it's not yet
posted.

[1] https://hartmans.livejournal.com/99642.html
[2] https://diziet.dreamwidth.org/3482.html

--