Re: difficulty in understanding options in init-system-GR

Hi Mo,

Quoting Mo Zhou (2019-12-07 08:44:47)
> I went through the options in the init-system-GR[1] but I feel
> difficult to tell the subtle differences between the options. I'd like
> to ask for some hints here.
>
> Option F is distince from the others as it clearly emphasizes "deeper
> systemd integration". Option E puts equal weights to both systemd and
> non-systemd solutions. So let's skip the two.
>
> The rest options, i.e. B A D H G, look nearly the same to me: "first
>   tier support for systemd, second tier for others"
> The only difference I noted is the bug severity for non-systemd
> support.
>
> In which way(s) are options (B, A, D, H, G) different from each other?
> A couple of keywords should be helpful enough to differentiate them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> P.S. It could be extremely useful if a straightforward comparison
> table like
> [this](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems) is
> available. But it isn't.
>
> I'd kindly suggest the future GR initiators make some comparison
> tables as long as options with subtle differences appear.
>
> [1] https://www.debian.org/vote/2019/vote_002

The very act of comparing is subjective, so finding one to be the
"canonical" one might end up being difficult.

I suggest to read the threads on debian-vote@l.d.o which includes both
a) elaborations from some authors and b) attempts at making comparisons
and emphasizing the differences.

 - Jonas