Re: FTBFS on i386 for user mode linux

Hello Bastian,

On Mon, 2019-10-21 at 08:50 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > arch/x86/Makefile.um:KBUILD_LDFLAGS += -m elf_x86_64
>
> Thie last line is guarded by "ifeq ($(CONFIG_X86_32),y) else".
>
> The log shows:
>
> > 64-bit kernel (64BIT) [Y/n/?] (NEW)
>
> So, the configure step enables 64bit mode and the build tries to use
> it.
> Is the input config complete?

That was indeed the problem. I did not pay close attention to the full
build log. The kernel config file was incomplete. After fixing the
configuration file, the package builds fine here, locally.

> Also:
> - What version of linux is actually used?  There was never a 5.2,
> only
>   5.2.x.
> - 5.2 is not longer in unstable.

It is the 5.2.x series. Like, when, a new version of the 5.2 kernel is
uploaded, say 5.2.22, just a re-build of user-mode-linux on the build
archives suffice most of the times.

Only when a new major release happens, we need to update the package
configurations.