Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa

On Sun, 2019-09-15 at 00:37:00 +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On 2019, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 15 12:35:18 AM IST, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > I guess because according to https://trends.debian.net/#vcs-hosting
> > there's *still*, today, almost 10000 source packages in unstable which
> > declare they are maintained in git on alioth.
> >
> > I wouldn't call that (part) a success.
>
> Don't they get redirected to salsa?

Not by default, no. And given how the migration was planned, I don't
see how that would be even possible.

 * There was no automatic migration, so something that was
   previously in alioth might not even be in salsa yet (or ever).
 * When people migrated the repos, they might have used a different
   group name (say from collab-maint/ to debian/), or placed them
   in the personal space, or changed the repo names or used the same
   team but adapting it to the new team namespace policies.
 * git:// URLs would and do not redirect anyway.

But, if the maintainers have done the migration already, they can
always add the redirections manually via:

  https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter

Thanks,
Guillem