Re: Git Packaging Round 2: SHOULD Not or MUSt NOT Github

On 13.09.19 17:55, Russ Allbery wrote:
> There seems to be an obvious ordering issue here, namely that it's very
> weird to insist on the first (which has been the topic of this thread)
> before we insist on the second.

I wouldn't see it as an ordering issue - my POV is that each of these
issues is independend. Maybe it is just wishful thinking - but it would
not really matter, in which direction these issues would be addressed.

If i should setup a priority list it would be:

1) all packaging sources must be hosted in debian infrastructure (no
matter in which way)

2) all packages should use a SCM (no matter what)

3) finally (maybe) consider git as the only supported SCM

Each of these three points is controversial - i know. But it would be a
nice goal.

Cheers Alf