Re: Common configuration of Debianish build etc. tools

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:22:18 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> One example is:
>    export-dir (gbp)
>    buildresult (pbuilder)
>    build-products-dir (dgit)
>    build-dir (sbuild)
>
> So, it would be good for there to be a single way to configure these
> things.  Every tool ought to look in this single place as well as its
> own configuration.

Ack.
Using export-dir in gbp, I had to set build-products-dir for dgit
recently, which felt a bit boring.

> If this is a good idea then we need to agree on a filename and format.
> The format must be easy to parse in a variety of programming languages
> including, in particular, shell scripts.  Any suggestions ?

~/.devscripts already exists (typically) which similar variables,
maybe this could be re-used?

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe