Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa

Quoting Sam Hartman (2019-09-09 19:49:25)

>     Ansgar> Sam Hartman writes:
>     >> If you are a Debian Developer packaging a package for inclusion
>     >> in Debian, you should store your packaging information in one
>     >> repository per package on salsa.debian.org in the debian group.
>     >> That is you should create a repository under
>     >> https://salsa.debian.org/debian .
>
>     Ansgar> This allows everyone to do arbitrary changes and presumably
>     Ansgar> upload the package.  That is quite a large change that I'm
>     Ansgar> not sure everyone likes.
>
> I'm sure some people don't like it.  What I'm hoping to get here is
> comments on whether I've correctly judged consensus that the rough
> consensus is we're OK with that as a general recommendation.

It is not my impression that there is a general concensus on that, no.

I think there is a general consensus on working in teams, and therefore
using git repos belonging to teams - but not to use that one giant
"team" called "debian".

Yes, my impression on this might be biased by my own personal opinion.
Perhaps it makes sense to look at statistics of how much the debian part
of salsa is currently used, compared ot other teams' get areas.  Sorry,
I don't know how to extract such statistics, but am sure some do.

 - Jonas