Re: Git Packaging: Native source formats

Theodore Y. Ts'o writes ("Re: Git Packaging: Native source formats"):
> Or if we end up moving to dgit for everything, and we don't want to
> use pristine-tar (which I like, but I realize that's not an opinion
> shared by everyone; some people seem to hate it), and upstream uses a
> non-git repo (say, bzr, or hg) and still uses signed tar.gz files, I'd
> argue we need to have a good way to reserve the cryptographic
> signature of upstream's foo.tar.gz and foo.tar.gz.asc in a dgit-only
> world.

I think dgit ought to be compatible with the idea of shipping
upstream's .asc's about, but maybe there are bugs.  I don't ever do
this so I don't know if it works and I doubt there are tests for it.

So, if you have a package where you want to use dgit push and you find
the upstream .asc is not being included, please file bug(s).

Thanks,
Ian.