Re: Git Packaging Round 1: Hopefully Easy Stuff

    Jonathan> On 2019/08/14 20:02, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> If you're going to set up a repository for Debian packaging on
    >> Salsa, you need to either:
    >>
    >> 1) turn off merge requests

    Jonathan> That would be quite horrible IMHO, this is the de facto
    Jonathan> method that young (let's say under 35 years old)
    Jonathan> developers use to submit improvements to other
    Jonathan> projects. We have all the infrastructure and tools
    Jonathan> conveniently in place to accommodate this, it seems
    Jonathan> suboptimal to treat MRs as a second class citizen.
And yet, consider the following cases:

* You are simply mirroring from somewhere else to Salsa

* You buy Sean's argument that MRs aren't stable enough to capture
  discussion long-term and/or we're unlikely to port forward the
  database of merge requests if we move away from Gitlab.

I think that merge requests are quite valuable, but I'm quite certain
we're not going to get to "you must enable merge requests."