Re: salsa.debian.org partially down

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:53:56AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 8/13/19 1:59 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > It is already recovered. We will investigate where we can extend the
> > ressources. But some misusages (like requesting >1300 merge requests via API
> > on a big project, that in consequence run >1300 ci jobs, that...) can't be
> > solved regardless on how many resources we add.
> It'd be nice if Gitlab could be plugged into something like Zuul [1],
> and then we'd use nodepool, which would handle this type of load.

Please describe the problem to solve first.  Because formorer only
talked about what triggered the problem, not what part of the whole
system actually broke.

(Hint: it's not the number of jobs, or at least not directly.  And even
a different CI platform could not fix an overload that a different
system brought to it's knees.)

Regards,

--
Conquest is easy. Control is not.
		-- Kirk, "Mirror, Mirror", stardate unknown