Re: Please stop hating on sysvinit

 ❦  9 août 2019 09:22 +02, Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de>:

>> Reality seems different. Almost nothing was using inetd (tftpd is the
>
> I note that you wrote "seems". But still:
>
> As if there would just be *one* reality. Actually there is. But I never
> saw any human being being able to express it in words. So I'd rather
> not. I believe it can be experienced at any time. But for me it is
> beyond words and so much else.
>
> With arguing about what reality might be and claiming it is this or
> such… the trouble starts. Cause then people who somehow dare to manage
> to experience a different reality can easily be made wrong. I think this
> has been one of the core issues around the conflicts regarding Systemd.
> How dare you see things different than me? But you just need to talk to
> ten people to recall a situation they experienced together and you will
> receive ten different story. Now: which one would be right?

The one which provides real-world examples. One says "socket activation
is not used for decades, let's just not use it", I say "it is used right
now, see the following examples". You come and you say "I don't use it
with dovecot". Sorry, but upstream did implement socket activation for a
reason, not out of the blue of nothing.
--
Treat end of file conditions in a uniform manner.