Re: MemberBenefits - Steam Keys (Was: Bits from the DPL (May 2018))

On 2018/06/01 19:22, Andrej Shadura wrote:
>> On 2018-05-31 12:33 PM, Chris Lamb wrote:
>>>  [11] https://wiki.debian.org/MemberBenefits
>> Oh, this reminds me of something.
>>
>> Has anyone gotten replies to their requests sent to
>> debian-steam@collabora.com for the Steam subscriptions mentioned in the
>> MemberBenefits page?
>>
>> I think that I have sent two mails in the past 3 years but have gotten
>> no responses.
>>
>> Should we remove this benefit from the wiki page? Or do we have someone
>> to contact about it?
> The benefit should still be valid. The person responsible for it is
> already looking into it, expect a reply shortly ;)

I also still haven't heard back despite having emailed a few times over
the last 2 years, it's probably time to remove it until we hear back
from someone who actually administers this. Perhaps someone at Collabora
could also check there if the email alias is still going somewhere?

It's a pity because it would be nice to have access to games that use
gamemode[1] because currently I mostly rely on users' feedback for
testing (which is getting better now that more people use it), but I
don't have a particular interest in buying games like the new Tomb
Raider just to test that it invokes gamemode automatically properly,

-Jonathan

[1] https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage