Re: What compiler flags are allowed in unstable/testing

Hi Joël,

> What compiler flags are allowed for optimization with gcc in debian
> unstable/testing?

I'd go with "none". The default CPU architecture in the compiler is the
architecture baseline.

> My project has got support for builtin vector functions. And we don't
> enable any compiler flags to architecture specific CPU extensions.

On amd64, SSE2 is part of the baseline, 64-bit POWER should have some
variant of AltiVec.

If you want to use instructions that are not in this set, you can use
ld.so's HWCAP feature to load shared libraries depending on flags in
/proc/cpuinfo.

   Simon