Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

On 7/31/19 7:20 AM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> A port blocker just sabotages user's requests, requiring every configuration
> action to be done twice.

Perhaps you are mixing shipping a software by default vs having a default
blocking firewall ruleset in the system. Moreover, you are assuming a default
firewall would block what? outgoing connections? incoming connections?

The argument sounds very weak anyway.

> An user who actually has a complex host setup needs basic skills to do so,
> and those skills are more involved than installing a package would be.

I think facilitating complex setups to under-skilled users is actually the key
to be successful as an operating system.