Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:10 PM Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:

> On Jul 31, Aron Xu <aron@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > utility (for instance, firewalld) for certain use cases, i.e. it could
> > be useful for a "standard" server installation with graphic desktop,
> > for which we could expect most users choosing this method would like
> > to have advanced firewalling as an enterprise feature to have
> > out-of-box.
> Can you explain better which problems this would solve?

If there is no pre-installed firewall application in a standard/full
installation (which does not exist for us theoretically), Debian could
be easily marked as missing feature in some enterprise IT evalutation,
even having them installed on disk without defining any rules would
help out most of the cases. I understand this sounds very awkward
because users can always install one if they really need or want it,
but it's quite offen that fixed rules (which are usually seen awkward)
would apply in companies no matter of its size and IT management
level.

Regards,
Aron