Re: tag2upload (git-debpush) service architecture - draft

Bastian Blank writes ("Re: tag2upload (git-debpush) service architecture - draft"):
> The hypothetical tool creates a complete .dsc file with the names and
> checksums of the uncompressed files.  The user signed .dsc is put into
> the tag.

This tool is almost exactly "dgit" and therefore already exists.  It
does parallel publication in the archive (.dsc) and git (signed tags).

The point of the tag2upload exercise is to move the .dsc generation
from the uploader's computer to a central service, because .dsc
generation is complicated, slow, and inconvenient.  So generating the
.dsc on the user's system defeats the object of the exercise.

Ian.