Re: Challenge from Julia's non-standard vendored openblas"64_"

On Jul 28, Mo Zhou <lumin@debian.org> wrote:

> 2. Specifically compile a libopenblas64_.so
>    from src:openblas for julia's use.
>    This looks very bad for src:openblas's
>    package layout.
Why would this look bad? We have plenty of source packages which
generate multiple variations of binary packages.
udebs, for a start. Many libraries which generate both a static and
dynamic package.  The older inn2 releases if you want to see something
really ugly.
While this solution may require some packaging work it is obviously both
the technically correct one and the one which will not harm users.

--
ciao,
Marco