Re: B-D on src package? (was: Re: Challenge from Julia's non-standard vendored openblas"64_"

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 10:33 PM Johannes Schauer wrote:

> If we choose the "src:" prefix to pick source instead of binary packages, then
> it's important that we don't have any binary packages called "src" and no
> source packages with a name equal to a valid debian architecture.

Could we have a double suffix instead to avoid these issues?

     Build-Depends: foo:src:src      -> src:foo unpacked in /usr/src/foo
     Build-Depends: foo:src          -> b-d of src:foo for the current
host architecture
     Build-Depends: foo:src:amd64    -> b-d of src:foo for amd64
     Build-Depends: foo:src:native   -> b-d of src:foo for the current
build architecture

--
bye,
pabs