Re: Question about embedded Lua

Hello,

On 7/25/19 10:27 AM, Kyle Edwards wrote:
> 2. Pick a single version of Lua and stick with it forever, missing out
> on the benefits of newer versions but retaining backwards compatibility

This is the strategy that we've taken for php-luasandbox (uses lua 5.1),
used by MediaWiki. The advice we were given on the lua-l mailing list[1]
was that it's not uncommon or necessarily wrong to pick a single Lua
version and stick with it forever.

We're planing to revisit the decision on whether to upgrade to a newer
lua verison in 2024 (roughly a decade since we last considered it).

-- Kunal