Re: seccomp woes (was: file(1) now with seccomp support enabled)

On Jul 20, Christoph Biedl <debian.axhn@manchmal.in-ulm.de> wrote:

> * Centralize the list of supported archs in the seccomp packages. By
>   either creating an empty libseccomp-dev for the archs where seccomp
>   is not supported, or by creating a "libseccomp-dev-dummy" for these.
>   In the latter case package maintainers would have to do a one-time
>   change of the build dependency into "libseccomp-dev |
>   libseccomp-dev-dummy" and can focus on other issues then.
I tried this with libsystemd-dummy, which creates a libsystemd-dev
package on hurd and kfreebsd which allows to build unmodifed packages.
The package bit rot long ago and then nobody cared enough to fix it, so
packages which unconditionally depend on libsystemd-dev nowadays just
fail on these architectures.

--
ciao,
Marco