Re: @debian.org mail

On 6/6/2019 12:49 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Daniel Lange <DLange@debian.org> writes:
>
>> We have more people registered for DebConf ("the Debian Developers'
>> conference") with @gmail.com than @debian.org addresses.
>
> You can't fix @gmail.com.  It is deliberately broken for commercial
> reasons, and that won't stop with SPF and DKIM.  Anti-spam is just the
> current selling excuse for moving users to a closed, commercially
> controlled, messaging service.
>
> Document that @gmail.com doesn't work and ask anyone subscribed with
> such an address to resubscribe using an Internet email service.
>
> You might want to make a press announcement out of it, to prevent other
> service providers from making the same mistake Google has made.

It does not only affect @gmail.com but all other email hosted by Google,
too. And you cannot see that from just the domain name. Thus I have
already given up on trying to mail to destinations other than
@debian.org with my @debian.org account.

So yes, you can proclaim that, but it still makes the @debian.org email
address increasingly useless. The requirement essentially boils down to
using DKIM if you want your emails delivered. There already have been
some suggestions in this thread.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern