Re: paying people for Debian work (Re: Why do we take so long to realise good ideas (Was: Difficult Packaging Practices))

Hi,

Why to support additional fragmentation?

My opinion is debian was left behind regarding infrastructure. I do
packaging for
various distributions.

Honestly, I am running debian. But you could provide continues integration for
different architectures, not only i386 and amd64.

Extend access to porter machines for debian maintainers. Make the request
easier and faster. Especially for more exotic flavors like kfreebsd and hurd.

I caught me different times setting up some VM, only to check why a test
was failing on arch X and not on Y.

Best regards,
Joël