Re: @debian.org mail

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:40:26AM +0200, Daniel Lange wrote:
We (debian/DSA) do not provide email hosting. We provide email
forwarding.

DSA should re-evaluate that.

I'm not sure I would want the existing DSA resource, spread as thin as it is,
allocated to running a mail hosting service. At least there are other things
I would prioritise above mail hosting.

OTOH, I run my own email systems end-of-end, as I'm sure many DDs do; and
I continue to do so partly out of inertia, I appreciate it's unrealistic
to expect all DDs, and newer/younger members, to do the same.

It may be worth, as a project, considering whether we would like something
different to what we have now, and I guess that's exactly what this thread is.
Best conducted at a project (requirements) level rather DSA (solutions) level.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland