lightdm-gtk-greeter: After locking screen, display is turned off and unlock prompt is not visible

Control: severity -1 grave

Hi,

I've set the severity of this bug to grave.  It has turned out that in
combination with xfce light-locker leaves the user with a black screen
leading normal users to the assumption that the computer is frozen.  I
have observed users pressing power button of their laptops to shut it
down to "solve" this situation.

It is inacceptable to expect users to learn specific tricks to restore
normal operation (like switching VT and back).  Thus I consider the
package "unusable by most or all users" which is why I have set the
severity of this bug to grave.

There is an according thread on debian-devel[1] list which is discussing
the issue (I've bounced those mails from the thread to the bug report
that might be helpful to understand the issue).

Kind regards
      Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2019/06/msg00000.html

--