Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 21:14 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Simon McVittie writes ("Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
[...]
> > Debian Linux kernel
> > ===================
> >
> > Tree contains: an incomplete debian/ directory, notably without d/control,
> > and no upstream source
> > Changes to upstream source are: d/patches only
> > Baseline upstream: changelog version => .orig tarball
> > Patches managed by: ???
> > Special build tool: there is a pre-build step to generate d/control
>
> Thanks, I will add this to my survey.  I assume "patches are managed
> by" is the same as any other only-debian/* tree.  The wrinkle is the
> need for a special build tool.
[...]

The build tool is part of the source package.  It generates a lot of
other files in the source package beside debian/control.

I have an unmerged branch that changes various things to be compatible
with dgit.  It adds debian/control and debian/tests/control to git and
defers generation of other things to build time.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Horngren's Observation: