Re: ZFS in Buster

Ansgar writes ("Re: ZFS in Buster"):
> Ian Jackson writes:
> > I think this would be both unwise legally (without seeking additional
> > legal advice) and rather rude to the kernel upstream whose code is
> > then being reused without permission - indeed, contrary to their
> > explicitly stated intent.
>
> At least one commercial distribution (Ubuntu) has been distributing ZFS
> binary modules as part of their Linux packages for some years and didn't
> have any problems.

That doesn't prove anything other than that no-one felt it was
politically or financially expedient to sue.

AIUI Debian's position is still that summarised here:
  https://blog.halon.org.uk/2016/01/on-zfs-in-debian/
(sorry about the pale grey on white disease; it works well in w3m)

Are you trying to reopen that discussion ?  If so then you should be
CCing ftpmaster@ and leader@ probably...

Ian.