Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

Hi, thanks for replying.  You have an interesting workflow which I
think I need to ask some questions about before I can document it
fully.

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult writes ("Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> I'm always cloning the upstream repo, branch off at their release tag
> and add all necessary chanages as individual git commits - first come
> the generic (non-deb specific) patches, then the deb specific ones.
> No text-based patches, or even magic rewriting within the build process.
> The HEAD is exactly the debianized source tree,

What source format do you use ?  What is in debian/source/format, if
anything ?  Do you handle orig tarballs at all ?

When you go to a new upstream, you make a new git branch, then ?
Do you publish this git branch anywhere ?

> which is then fed to dck-buildpackage.

What is that ?  manpages.debian.org wasn't any help.
Did you mean dpkg-buildpackage ?

Ian.