Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

Chris Lamb writes ("Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> Dear Ian,
> > Can you please look through the table below and see if I have covered
> > everything you do ?
> >
> > In particular:
> >  - have I missed a git repository and history layout
> >  - have I missed a primary tool that should be mentioned
> >  - are any of the details wrong for workflows that you use ?>
> I am genuinely not being snarky here nor the "logical fallacy spotter"
> pub bore, but don't forget that not everybody can follow debian-devel
> and thus there may be some blind spots or observation bias at work in
> the results.

You make a good point.

I want to catch everyone rather than look for what is used the most,
so it's not a popularity contest.  I will probably put the results on
the wiki at some point, perhaps after we've had a bunfight over
terminology :-).

If folks think it worthwhile I guess I could post to d-d-a, but let's
let it run here for a bit first.

Ian.