Re: Cdbs Features

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 02:37:59PM +0900, Marc Dequènes (duck) wrote:
> On the more general topic, I believe there should be room for new tools to
> emerge and not-being-dh should never be a RC or even important bug.

My thoughts exactly.

I think at this point we can recommend dh, and require debhelper (i.e.,
the individual dh_* tools could be required to be part of the build
system, but how they are called can be left to a maintainer's
discretion, with the assumption that "you use dh or perhaps cdbs, except
if you're trying to develop something better, but then you still use
debhelper behind the scenes to do the low-level work"

I'll note that cdbs also uses the low-level debhelper commands behind
the scenes.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard