Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

]] Andreas Tille

> Can you give an example for a package that has a non-dh rules file
> "working for years" that gives as a result a package with no lintian
> warnings without changing this d/rules file?

If you're talking about the binary package, fortunes-bofh-excuses.  It
has some lintian warnings on the source package (primarily because it's
not been uploaded for more than ten years) of which only two out of six
warnings would be handled automatically by dh.

(Yes, also not an important package in the grand scheme of things, and
I'm not disagreeing that using dh is a good thing overall.  I should
probably upload it just to get some of the dust off it.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen