Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> schrieb:
> Packages using dh also make it a lot more straightforward to do
> archive-wide changes - similar to the benefit of using debhelper, but
> for changes that affect the "shape" of the build system rather than the
> details of individual steps. As a concrete example,

Or e.g. the changes which were necessary to inject the hardening
build flags; I submitted a few hundred to the BTS when we got started
with it, which was very simple for anything using dh (where is was
enabled by default when using compat level 9) and needed more effort
for anything based on traditional debhelper and or even not using
debhelper at all.

Cheers,
        Moritz