Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git

Ansgar <ansgar@debian.org> writes:

> Having to know about branches, merging, dealing with multiple remotes,
> ... *is* an entry barrier compared to not having to know about it.  Now
> you have to teach people that before you even get to how to write a
> build recipe.

I'm confused.  I'm a happy user of dgit and don't have to think about any
of those things as part of using dgit.  I choose to use branches, but I
certainly wouldn't have to, and merging, multiple remotes, and so forth
don't seem related to using dgit at all.

Maybe you're using dgit in a way that's suboptimal for your workflow?