Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git

On 5/2/2019 7:11 AM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Conversely, I think it does a disservice to downstream users to mix in
> Debian packaging changes with upstream changes. The separation is useful
> and much easier to maintain when the repositories are separate.

To be honest the greatest disservice is that we cannot standardize on a
single way so that a downstream can just pull all of them and build from
them. Instead you need humans analyzing how every single one of them works.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern