Re: Re: Removal of Wheezy and Jessie (except LTS) from mirrors

Hi,

It would be useful if there were information somewhere on the following for Debian Jessie LTS architectures:

  1. What should we be using as our source.list file?
  2. Which of the jessie repositories that existed until mid-March have now gone? (from a release that is supposed to still have some support for another year)
  3. What happens / happened to packages where the latest version was in those repositories? (in particular packages that were from the “deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main” line or equivalent on other mirrors)

It does seem a little unfair to EOL and delete repositories from a release that is supposed to be LTS with virtually no notice it was happening.

And just saying “we’re removing this stuff”, without giving any guidance on what LTS users should / need to do is rather unhelpful.

OK, I am a little late to pick up on this, but I’m sure there are other people still running some Jessie systems who only run update commands on them every month or so.

Regards

Michael