Re: Golang >= 1.12 in Buster?

Am 14.04.19 um 18:15 schrieb Mattia Rizzolo:
> You shouldn't really complain to the release team, but rather to the
> golang maintainers, that couldn't manage to move everything off golang
> 1.11 in time.

Just for the record, upstream has released golang 1.12 on February 25,
so only about two weeks before our full freeze. All previous golang 1.12
versions have been betas and release candidates. So the golang
maintainers shouldn't be blamed, either.

I think it's the right decision of the release team to stick with golang
1.11 for buster. The previous migration from golang 1.10 to 1.11 took us
about four weeks until we had fixed all packages with new FTBFS bugs.

Regards,
Tobias