Re: pbuilder: create: how to set specific UID for some system user (e.g., _apt)

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 11:29:47AM +0400, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> on my box I put special access for _apt. Now I would like to create some pbuilder ball.
> But the creation process is getting stick because _apt is set with an arbitrary UID.
> What is the best way, if we can, to set this arbitrary UID for _apt to the one used in my firewall ?

These are the options in my mind:

 * set APT::Sandbox::User to "root", and give up on sandboxing
 * add a hook to create a system user with the uid that you like, and
   set APT::Sandbox::User to that special user
 * add a hook to change the uid of the _apt user to the uid you want

In pbuilder, hooks G are the ones that should be used for this job, to
tweak the chroot right after debootstrap during its creation.  For the
first case, you can just inject that option through APTGETOPT (in the
other cases, it's probably a good idea to add a file in the chroot's
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/; see also APTCONFDIR).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :