Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Hi Paul,

I've ever thought about a PKGBUILD->Deb translator, and in this
way we can directly reuse all existing code in AUR without change.

However, the translator itself is not trivial, as it might need
it's own shell parser or something alike to be reliable enough.

The current (virtually) zero-overhead naive prototype, still allows the
reuse of existing debian packaging scripts and documentations.
Plus, letting users write PKGBUILD doesn't help them learn
Debian packaging at all...