ITP: fossology -- FOSSology is an open source license compliance software system and toolkit.

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Gaurav Mishra <gmishx@gmail.com>

  Package name : fossology
  Version : 3.4.0
  Upstream Author : Michael Jaeger <michael.c.jaeger@siemens.com>
  License : GPL-2.0-only, LGPL-2.1-only
  Programming Lang: C, C++, PHP
  Description : FOSSology is an open source license compliance software system and toolkit.

 FOSSology is an open source license compliance software system and toolkit. As a toolkit you can run license, copyright and export control scans from the command line. As a system, a database and web ui are provided to give you a compliance workflow. License, copyright and export scanners are tools used in the workflow.

 - Why is this package useful/relevant?
   - FOSSology is a famous tool used for open source license compliance.
     We have a large database of users which can be benifited by
     publishing this as a Debian package.
 - Do you use it?
   - You can check https://www.fossology.org/ to get a list of compaines
     and organizations using FOSSology.
 - How do you plan to maintain it?
   - FOSSology is currently maintained at
     https://github.com/fossology/fossology. I have created a mirror for
     the same at https://salsa.debian.org/fossology-team/fossology.
 - Are you looking for co-maintainers or a sponsor?
   - We are looking for a sponsor to help us publish FOSSology as a
     Debian package.