Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?

Quoting Mo Zhou (2019-03-08 12:08:54)
> (2) Is it a good idea to write a test script, that manually sets up a qemu VM
> then tests the module[1]? (Such that we can get rid of the isolation-machine
> restriction, and make Debian CI test the ZFS kernel module)

I attempted that for my package mmdebstrap where the testsuite ideally would
require isolation-machine but it turns out that qemu without kvm enabled is
just too slow. Running debootstrap inside such a virtual machine, for example,
will take about half an hour on ci.debian.net:

https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/m/mmdebstrap/1394672/log.gz

So I rewrote my tests to detect whether qemu kvm is available and not run
certain tests if it isn't. :(