python-socketio x gevent-socketio

Hi, could you give me some orientation to my issue below?

A while ago I packaged [1] a software named Flask-SocketIO [2].
It depends of other software named python-socketio, and I could find this package on Debian that time [3]. In fact this package is gevent-socketio software [4].

But as you can see in this bug reported [5], Flask-SocketIO can't use gevent-socketio.

>From flask_socketio/__init__.py:
if gevent_socketio_found:
print('The gevent-socketio package is incompatible with this version of '
'the Flask-SocketIO extension. Please uninstall it, and then '
'install the latest version of python-socketio in its place.')
sys.exit(1)

The upstream (Miguel) that developed Flask-SocketIO has developed other python-socketio [6].
So, I throught to package this python-socketio from Miguel to close the Flask-SocketIO bug.

gevent-socketio seems to be stoped since 2016 and it does not seem to be update to Python 3. When I install it, it is under the tree:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/socketio

My package with python-socketio (from Miguel) uses namespace "socketio" too, and it would be under the tree:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/socketio

So. what is a good a solution to this?
Keep my python-socketio on Python3 tree and gevent-socketio on Python2.7?
Use Conflicts field to force the user to remove gevent-socketio before install python-socketio?
Or other solution?

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/flask-socketio
[2] https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/Flask-SocketIO
[3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gevent-socketio
[4] https://pypi.org/project/gevent-socketio/#files
[5] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=879631
[6] http://github.com/miguelgrinberg/python-socketio

Best regards,

-----
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil
Debian Maintainer
Diretor do Instituto para Conservação de Tecnologias Livres
Membro da Comunidade Curitiba Livre
Site: http://www.phls.com.br
GNU/Linux user: 228719  GPG ID: 0443C450

Organizador da DebConf19 - Conferência Mundial de Desenvolvedores(as) Debian
Curitiba - 21 a 28 de julho de 2019
http://debconf19.debconf.org